Special Painting Challenges
CRAIG SOLE DESIGNS (THE DETAILS)
Craig Sole has been an AMAZING patron of our event
for years. You've painted his business and his home.
Now he would love a "detail." His shop has so many tiny "details"
that would make a great painting.
Go there, introduce yourself, and find that perfect spot! Craig and his whole staff
are wonderful and they absolutely love having you! Just be aware that it is a business
and please be respectful of that!
Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
PAINT THE PRAIRIE (AT THE ARBORETUM)
We have a new area of the Arboretum to paint this year.
It's the "prairie" just south
of the Arboretum.
You can access it off of Antioch (look for the signs).
It is a wonderful vast landscape that has many
great spots to set up and knock out a winning painting!
Follow the trails...drive in as far as you like...
but just watch out
How to participate:
(instructions apply to both challenges)
1. During the Plein Air Event, create one Plein Air painting of
2. Deliver completed paintings to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead on the morning of JUNE 6TH by 7AM (the
same day and time as the AM Quick Paint).
One submission per challenge per artist!
3. Judging will take place and a winner will
be announced by 10AM!
4. Non-winning artists will take their piece home with them.
5. The winning artist will give up their painting
6. LABEL EACH PIECE WITH YOUR NAME ON THE BACK!